Young bikers from across Staffordshire are being targeted in a series of campaigns to help promote safer riding on the county’s roads.
Young people aged 15 to 21 are being offered a £50 voucher off the cost of their Compulsory Basic Training (CBT) course which allows them to ride on the roads.
To receive the voucher, they must attend a Pre-CBT workshop which offers advice on safer riding, rules of the road and an overview of the Highway Code.
Workshops are taking place in Burton, Cannock and Stoke-on-Trent and run on weekday evenings from 6.15pm to 9pm. New riders and those doing a retest are eligible if they live, work or are educated in Staffordshire or Stoke-on-Trent.
Places are limited and can be booked by emailing email@example.com or by calling on 07855 336922.
The campaign is being co-ordinated by the Staffordshire Safer Roads Partnership (SSRP).
Helen Fisher, Cabinet Member for Highways and Transport at Staffordshire County Council and Vice-chair of the SSRP explained that the county continues to have some of the safest roads in the country which is something the County Council has worked hard to achieve.
“Keeping our roads safe remains a priority for the partnership and while we have seen a reduction in motorcycle casualties over the last 10 years, we want to reduce this even further.
“We know that young bikers are particularly vulnerable and at risk on the roads and our next round of workshops will not only give them the extra knowledge and skills to keep them safe, but they’ll save money on the cost of their CBT course too.”
Further details on the scheme are available at http://www.staffsbiker.co.uk/pre-cbt-scheme/
• Wednesday 17th April, 6.15pm to 9pm at Sandyford Fire Station, Stoke-on-Trent
• Thursday 18th April, 6.15pm to 9pm at Burton Fire Station, Burton-on-Trent
• Thursday 25th April, 6.15pm to 9pm at Cannock Fire Station, Cannock
• Tuesday 7th May, 6.15pm to 9pm at Sandyford Fire Station, Stoke-on-Trent
• Tuesday 21st May, 6.15pm to 9pm at Cannock Fire Station, Cannock
• Thursday 30th May, 6.15pm to 9pm at Burton Fire Station, Burton-on-Trent